help on LionBrand easy baby sweater

new2crocheting

Question

Hii

I am trying to do this sweater

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cms-easyBabySweater.html

I am so much confused.

Q1: in pattern stitch there row 1 , 2 , 3 then it says repeater row 3 for pattern, does that mean that I only make row 1, 2 at the beginning and then only carry on by making row 3? this is what I did actually and it looks similar to the picture,

Q2:in shaping armholes it says:

Shape armholes Maintaining pattern st and stripe sequence, slip st across 4 sts at beg of next 2 rows – 40 (44, 48, 52) sts. Continue as in this way for 12 (13, 14, 15) rows or until armholes measure 4¾ (5, 5½, 5¾) inches. Shape shoulders/neck On left shoulder, work 13 (13, 17, 17) dc for button band. Fasten off.

does that mean that before I do the next following rows, I should slip 4 sts at first? and then carry on? as if I am decreasing?

Hope someone could understand what I mean, I was going on well but I stopped at shaping armholes. & um sure, i am gonna be stuck somewhere else after I proceed further :think

Thanks a lot in advance 4 any help

7 answers to this question

Q1: in pattern stitch there row 1 , 2 , 3 then it says repeater row 3 for pattern, does that mean that I only make row 1, 2 at the beginning and then only carry on by making row 3? this is what I did actually and it looks similar to the picture,

yes that is what this part means

Q2:in shaping armholes it says:

Quote:

Shape armholes Maintaining pattern st and stripe sequence, slip st across 4 sts at beg of next 2 rows – 40 (44, 48, 52) sts. Continue as in this way for 12 (13, 14, 15) rows or until armholes measure 4¾ (5, 5½, 5¾) inches. Shape shoulders/neck On left shoulder, work 13 (13, 17, 17) dc for button band. Fasten off.

does that mean that before I do the next following rows, I should slip 4 sts at first? and then carry on? as if I am decreasing?

yes you have this one right also. Just do that for as manyt rows as it says to also.

Wow, this pattern seems very confusing. To shape the armholes, wouldn't you need to do decreases at both sides? At both the beginning of the row and at the end of the row? And then only for 2 rows? Wouldn't you then continue even in the pattern until you get to the part where you shape the neck?

I posted an answer on the other thread of the same...since you have 2 of the threads going...I'll post what I posted on the other one here too...

Yes.

Yes...for 12 rows...or until the armholes measure the proper lenghth.

Over in the MATERIALS list...it says you need an "H" hook.

I hope this helps...Please...post a picture when it is complete.

sfgwife

sherryzzz

misssmaggie

All of your thanks for your replys, I didn't want to add a reply before I carry on and see if I have more questions, luckily I don't. I finished it finally thanks to your help and support, highly appreciate it :clap

sherryzz, IT IS CONFUSING!:think but it was fun to work on it.

Really I almost got lost, I read the pattern serveral times but i feel I was not sure , regarding the armholes, I followed the pattern, there will be decreasing across 2 rows, but the sleeves requires decreasing across 5 rows i think

Any way, as I said before, I finished it and this is the final sweater (didn't add buttons on the shoulders yet)

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=780951#post780951

Lots Lots Lots of thanks for all of you.

Archived