Round Ripple Curling Up?

mellowe67

Question

6 answers to this question

Make sure that every third row you do 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in the points. For some reason that 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc stops the majority of the curling.

:cheer It is actually doing too many rows with 1DC, CH2, 1DC which makes it curl because there is not enough stitches.

You need to do two rows with Shell of 2DC, CH2, 2DC and 1 row of the V, 1DC, CH2, 1DC.

This means you are increasing on 2 rows and not on 1.

Have you checked that you have the correct number of points?

I just completed one and when I lay it flat on the floor, to look at it properly, it did not really lay as flat as usual. I counted the points and found I only had 11 instead of 12. It is still usable but would have been better with 12.

To get yours to behave now, just do an extra row or two with the shell, then go back to doing 1 V then 2 Shell.

If it is too far gone, just go back a couple of rows and do the extra increase row.

It will be fine.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

I am such an idiot - I figured it out after I re-counted all my points, and stitches for each row.

I had just noticed my curling after I did the first round of black. Here I was using sport weight yarn. It was a big skein of Red Heart, just like the Super Savers but it was only sport weight. :think

I frogged that row and redid it with RHSS black and it is fine now.

Thanks for all the advice - I love this board!!

Archived