So if something is as long as it is wide...

Adriann

Question

that means it's square, right? The Econo-shopper bag instructions for the smaller bag say that you should add rows till it is as long as it is wide, and for the starting chain given that would be 16" x 24" -- huh?

5 answers to this question

If it is saying the bag is 24" wide...and ...16" tall...you keep adding rows until it is 24" tall.

I did for get to add...you need to make 2 the same size and stitch them together.

If it is saying the bag is 24" wide...and ...16" tall...you keep adding rows until it is 24" tall.

The trouble was that the pattern says 16=24, which obviously isn't true. Since equal lengths width-wise and length-wise can only make a square, the second statement about it being 16 x 24 inches doesn't make sense. However based on the picture of the bag, I'm going to bet that she meant to make it 16 x 24 and not square.

:think I haven't seen the pattern, but I have an idea. It probably does make a square, but by the time it's completely put together, it may measure out to be 16"X24", including the handles/straps? Like, if it's 24x24, then folded in half, it comes out to 12", but add some straps and it could be 24x16. make sense?

Archived