Crochet Stitch Markers

french wire earrings ! ;) hint hint

I am sooo glad I am not the only one!! They work great with thread projects!!!

I was using a different colored yarn pulled in until I had the same problem as eebrs!! Now I use some thread and make a tie a loose knot...snip them off when I'm done.

The only thing I have ever used is a safety pin. Maybe it's just the stuff I make but they seem best for me - I don't have to worry about them falling out if I carry my project around, they don't get stuck, or snag. I haven't really made much stuff where I need them either, just when working in rounds, so I don't really find the need to move it often. Moving it really isn't bad though :)

I have two diaper pins that I use most, but when I misplace them I have used lever back earrings, bobby pins, and the other day I used a pen as a very impromptu stitch marker (I was at a baseball game and had forgotten to bring anything to mark my rounds, but as I was crocheting with an H hook the pen clip did not stretch my stitch, so....).

I find safety pins or lobster claw clasps work the best for me. I do have some that are hooks, but since I travel so much and am always pulling my work into and out of bags and folding it up etc, the hooks tend to fall out unless they're clasped somehow. I don't use them often, but there are times I couldn't do stuff without it, like marking what row a sleeve/neckline decrease was started or where to join things later. I have also used color coded safety pins to count rows/rounds so I don't have to recount the whole thing every time.

Archived