History Lesson

Good Morning!:lol

I was reading a thread about Tunisian Crochet and can't remember where in the ville.

History of Tunisian crochet known by many names. I became acquainted with it in the seventies under they name of crochetnit ( more info on Annie's Attic web site). Made a couple of things and filed it away until someone asked me about Tunisian and wow I already knew about it.:yes

Other names for Tunisian Crochet are : afghan crochet, tricot crochet, shepherd's knitting, hook knitting and railroad knitting!:D You can find free patterns on

www.about.com

www.crochetkim.com and of course Annie's Attic ( info and patterns you have to pay for).

For more information try doing a search using one of the other names and see what you find.

Warm regards,

Mathwizard

Generally, crochet knit (Crochetnit) is more about using the double ended Crohook and Tunisian is about using the Afghan hook which is a longer version of standard crochet hooks.

Hi Darski,

I would have thought that but when I learned crochetnit thru Annie's Wardrobe No.12 1986. I took a sweater pattern and adapted it to make hat. The pattern called for an F hook and G afghan hook. These were not double ended hooks as I don't think that double ended crochet hooks were around then. I must apologize in my previous thread I said the seventies and I found the booklet which was published in 1986.

I will research the coming of double ended hooks.

Mathwizard

Archived