cupcake top

iamnichole

who wants to make the cupcake top from the stitch n bitch? i already have the yarn and the topic has come up in other cals. i just want to see the spin others have on it and i'm so motivated to do it myself. it's a beautiful pattern and quite stylish. lemme know what you think.

nichole

• 3 weeks later...

I am making the Cupcake top for a friend and I am almost done but it looks so long. I am making it in a medium for my friend who takes a size 36" but I do not know how it will turn out...I can not try it on because I am a Large Plus....Let me know if you have finished yours yet and if you had any troubles.

I am using cotton Peaches and Cream that looks nice in this pattern. I may wind up frogging it because something is wrong, it comes down to my hips...of course I did not check gauge when i started.

I think I have to frog my cupcake totally....The Peaches N Cream cotton yarn gave me the gauge for the width but not the length, it is way too long....I would rather work on a pattern from a good website or pattern writer...:cheer

i used caron simply soft and if you go to the wearables CAL, i have a pic of it there. mine turned out fine. however, it didnt fit me! the only reason was the base chain was too tight. other than that, it was long enough, wide enough. perfect. just that darn base chain! i should have used a larger hook for the base chain. i am going to make another one and do that next time.

dont give up on yours tho, its super easy and fast to make. good luck!

• 1 month later...

okay, i'm gonna revive this a bit. maybe someone else will want to do it. i'm making another one in lion brand cotton ease "midnight." so far so good.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived