what is a good place to buy yarn online?

I'm trying to make a afghan for me friend. Actually, the tetris one from the CAL. But we both forgot to get the yarn when I was there with him and he lives in Canada so it'd be kind of hard for us to go to the yarn store together. Hence, I have the job of telling him what to get and how much to get of what. I just need simple acrylic yarn. Red Heart or Caron or any of those brands honestly. We figured the best way for him to get the exact right yarn and for me to get it from him was to buy it online so I could tell him exactly what to get and how much to get but I have no clue where to go for this! I normally just buy mine in the store whenever I manage to get a chance and even that's slightly rare with going to school and only working a few days a week. But, I digress. It would be super wonderful if I could get the places that you guys shop. I'm not looking for anything expensive or any fancy yarns. Just something good and durable. Thank you so much in advance.

I buy mine at herrschners.com, or at annies attic. There are lots of other places here that people shop. knitpicks is also another store. Some people have had lots of trouble out of herrschner's , but I have always had good luck. Joann fabrics is also a great place, some times they have free shipping and if you can sign up for their emails, they might email you a 40% off coupon.

There is a $40 minimum and sometimes limited color selection (sometimes not!)

I have gotten a lot of yarn here at fantastic prices!

http://www.pagelinx.com/cgi-shopper/loadpage.cgi/smileysyarns/ezshopper?user_id=id&file=iriot.htm

You can get a bag of 6 Caron simply soft here for less than $8 (didn't look at shipping) I have not purchased from here, but plan to.

http://www.discountyarnsale.com/pd_caron_simply.cfm

I've had great luck and great deals here

They have alot of really interesting yarns and nice blends. My only complaint is their skeins are all only 120yds but they are such wonderful hard to find yarns I usually forget about it.

Archived