Yarn sale!

Ambersafghans

I just recieved an email alert on this.

Can anyone tell me something about this yarn?

Plymouth Encore D.K.

Take advantage of Smiley's Yarns incredible 99 ¢ blow-out sale on Plymouth Encore DK. Through September 6th only, you can buy Encore DK at an unbelievable price of just 99 ¢. That's 67% off the retail price of 2.99, and below our wholesale cost!

We are doing this to encourage everyone in the U.S.A. to try Encore DK, one of the most popular wool-blend yarns of all time.

On September 7th, Smiley's price on Plymouth Encore DK will return to 1.50, that's 50% off retail and the guaranteed lowest price in America!

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy Encore DK at 99 ¢. Buy as much as you like, there are absolutely no limits - but remember, this offer ends forever on September 6th at Midnight.

Brand: Plymouth

Name: Encore D.K.

Made In: Turkey

Fiber: 25% Wool 75% Acrylic

Weight: Sport (D.K.)

Care: Machine Wash & Dry

Packing: 1 3/4 ounces

(50 Grams)

Yardage: 150 yards

Needle Size: 5 or 6

Hook Size: F or G

Gauge: 5 Stitches = 1 inch

Quantity: Depending on size and style order 12 to 15 balls for womans long sleeve sweater

I bought some of this yarn for making socks, about 2 mo. ago. It is very nice, sport/fingering weight. Mostly soft, but a teency bit scratchy--if you make a sweater out of it, I would imagine you'd want to wear a shirt underneath it. I like the colors and how they are blended or twisted together. Hope this helps!

For one adult sock it took about 2/3 to 3/4 of a ball. So for a medium size purse I would guess 4 balls--but don't hold it against me if I am off--I am not good at guesstimating, lol!

Guest gramhouse

The only thing wrong with buying yarn from Smileys is that they have a minimum order of $30 and 8.95 for shipping. I find that a bit much unless I need a lot of yarn.

Archived