What's everyone's Fave....

3roses

Magazine? I have a subscription to Crochet! but wondering if there's others I don't know about that might have (consistenly) excellent patterns?:)

I was going to post something close to this morning, :lol. I am mostly interested in a magazine with a variety of projects. Most of the magazines I see on the shelves mostly have patterns for clothing and I am just not interested in making clothes at the moment. :D

I did a post about this a while ago, let me dig it up and I'll link to it for you.

List and review of crochet magazines

Don't forget that many knitting magazines also have some nifty crochet patterns. I've found great patterns (from tips here!) in Knit Simple, Knit1, Creative Knitting and Vogue Knitting. Knit Simple and Creative Knitting actually have really great and easy knitting patterns, too, if you are just learning to knit.

I was wondering about those....in your opinion which has the best patterns?

I subscribe to Crochet!, Crochet Today, and now Interweave Crochet. :hook

I was wondering about those....in your opinion which has the best patterns?

I get those three magazines as well and I like Crochet Today and Intereweave more consistently than Crochet. Crochet Today is very thorough in their patterns and have very fashionable clothing patterns and other interesting things as well. They also go in depth on something every month like cabling or how to stitch in the round more easily and even beading. They also always have schematics with every pattern and their patterns are very easy to understand. Since the magazine is put out by Coats and Clark they always use Red Heart, Moda Dea and TLC yarns in their patterns.

Interweave has very trendy patterns and are more like the Vogue of crochet. There patterns are easy to understand as well but they recommend very expensive yarns. But most can be easily substituted. It is a very nice magazine and they also have schematics with every pattern.

Crochet is geared toward younger people, although they do have a couple of afghans in each issue. They have very trendy patterns and a lot are made with Fun Furs and other novelty yarns. They don't always have schematics and their patterns are often continued to the end of the magazine instead of on consecutive pages, so they can be confusing to follow.

Hope this helps. :)

Patricia C

Golden CO

I like Crochet Today best out of any of them, although I'm going to look at Interweave Crochet when the next issue comes out. I don't really like Crochet! anymore. I rarely find a pattern in it that I want to do, and usually if it's a piece of clothing that I decide I really like, they only have a pattern for it in S-M-L. I realized not so long ago that knitting mags carry some crochet in them. I plan to check some of them out. Also, Crafts 'n Things usually--not always--has one or two crochet projects in it. If you're crafty with more than just crochet, it's a fun magazine.

I am fairly new to the crochet world, but after looking at many magazines, so far my favorite is the Family Circle Easy Crochet Magazine. I have the Spring 2007 copy and I Love it!! The summer edition should be out in a couple weeks because this copy is on display until April 17, 2007. I believe it comes out 4 times a year and that you can only buy it at the bookstore/newstand. This magazine will keep me going for months! I have already made two Fair Isle Tote Bags and I am just starting a Baby Bunting and blanket for a baby girl. I love sweaters and there are many patterns in here that I will work on after finishing current project. In the same issue there are patterns for headbands, seat covers, ottoman covers and afghans. Well worth the $5.99 I paid! Sandy

Archived