Fisherman Afghan Pattern

craftymomof4

Question

I would love to find/buy a pattern for crocheted fisherman style afghans. I had a book that I lost years ago when my basement flooded. I think it was a Leisure Arts leaflet, but I'm not sure. I loved these patterns because they included lots of interesting pattern stitches and they were worked in one solid piece. The only fisherman style patterns I have seen since are worked in strips and pieced together at the end. Yuck! I can't stand that! What is the point of doing all that work and then having to piece all the strips together.

I still have 2 of these afghans in my home and they are wonderful. I tried contacting the Leisure Arts company, but that came up empty. I'm really dating myself here, but I would guess that the book was out around 1992.

Hoping for some help, Lisa

8 answers to this question

I made the first pattern (sry don't know how to add link) that KrzyKajun mentions above, actually I made 2 afghans using it, it is a wonderful pattern and turned out simply beautiful each time. So, I recommend that on.

About a year ago I picked up a copy of "Aran Afghans" a Leisure Arts little book with 5 Aran/Fisherman afghans in it. I got it at Walmart. The copyright date is 1999 and the leaflet number is 75014.

Hope that helps.

Kitty

No, It just had full-sized afghans with lots of great stitches that were worked in one piece. Instead of strips that get sewn together at the end. :D

Archived