Pattern reading help ** (asteriks)

Adriann

Question

6 answers to this question

I agree with Smileyface -- I don't know what all those asterisks are doing in that first pattern. :think It is confusing. But, since you aren't repeating anything it appears that you can completely ignore the asterisks in the top pattern and just follow it as written.

Now in the bottom pattern you will need to do repeats. Work the instructions in each line as written until you get to the final punctuation mark, then go back to the asterisk and work that part again and again until you reach the end of your row.

Hope that helps. That little heart purse is cute.

That is weird in that 1st pattern!

When you have problems like this and need help, look on the pattern page for any places you can click. In this case it's at the bottom of the page where it has a link, "Back to Children's Patterns". Sometimes you can find a way to email someone, maybe the designer, and get your questions answered. However, in this case it looks like the only place you could go would be to Bev to ask questions.

So, this is not a good example:lol but I'm glad you got help from smileyface and loopyliz. Thank the Lord for C'Ville!

Hi

I never noticed those ** there, that IS confusing. I will remove those. Glad you brought this up. I have a lot if designers who ask me to post their patterns on my site, and I rarely make their designs. I am too busy working on ones of my own. But I am glad you brought this up.

Archived