Red Heart Tiki

Sue89

Has anyone worked with Red Heart Tiki before? My mom saw it at Walmart and bought a ball of it for me to experiment with. It's like a fine nylon thread with little squares of fabric attached every half inch or so, and it's multicolored. It's gorgeous and there was a free pattern available for making a skinny scarf with it using one ball and an N hook. I'm just wondering how I would successfully weave in the ends, since it is a fine thread and the large hook creates very open loops. Won't the ends just fall out, or will I need to tie a knot when I'm done? I won't be tackling it until after Christmas, but I'm just curious if anyone here has used this before.

I'm regretting not buying any when I was at Wal-Mart yesterday. Mitzi has purchased some though and made a scarf with it. If I'm lucky enough that they still have it when I go back (not next week I'm sure) then I'll have to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pattym37

Does anyones have any ideas on using this yarn? It is beautiful but my 8 and 10 yr. old granddaughters are having a hard time. Suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thank you!

My Wal-Mart had a free leaflet for a poncho made with the Tiki. They carried it with baby yarn and it's very cute. I checked on the RH site and they don't have it up yet. I'll try to grab one if you like and drop it in the mail for you.

Definately, it is much easier to work with if you use it along with another worsted weight or even sport weight yarn. I'm on my second project using the Tiki now and I just adore it, I'm so wanting them to make more colors though, I need some in purple and some in a bright red!! :)h It gives this wonderful shimmer to whatever you're making and is softer than I thought it would be.

~Rebecca

I saw it yesterday at Walmart, I didnt get any. There was also another tiki too, but it was more like the micro-spun.. I had no idea how much they were because they didnt have them marked and also there was no price sign hanging anywhere.. I will probably try to get one of each this weekend..

Archived