Crocheter's Block?

Do you believe in such a thing? :think I just got back from a road trip to and from Vegas. Took 4 projects, but only worked on three... then frogged 2 of them to make them in to something else, then I got home and frogged one of them again... It's like my brain and my hands aren't communicating :eek .... do any of you get the same thing? How do you deal with it?

I've gotten like that. After I made a baby blanket for my cousin's new daughter, I tried to make something else out of the rest of the baby yarn I had left. I would try something, then take it all back out again. Then I would try something else, and I would take that back out again. I wasn't satisfied with anything I was doing! I wonder why that is? :think

I've had similar problems. Usually I've bought the yarn and don't like the pattern I bought it for after all and can't decide what to do with it or it just doesn't work right.

I've also had the problem where you've got too many thing going or in mind and can't seem to do any of them.

In most of those cases I just put the hooks down for at least a couple of days, play on my computer games, read whatever and come back later. It's only a problem when I've got a deadline for something, since this is what I do for fun and relaxation, not something I HAVE to do for a job....

I seem to have "crocheter's block" on one particular project. I've been working on the coral picot shrug for over a year, and just can't seem to finish. I can't concentrate while I'm working on it, and end up making mistakes. When I'm not working on it, I have a hard time motivating myself to.

Archived