Homespun

earthwhisper

You know, my experience with Homespun varies from skein to skein. The very first one I got was a horror. I thought I was the problem, but the next skein I got was great. It's not just the blobs (and argh, I hate those too!), but some of the skeins seem to have a silkier texture, which makes it easier to see your stitches and to pull from the skein. I've had several that were demon skeins, with the blobs and a general hairiness where the fibers were sort of pulling away from that thread that holds it all together. There is such a difference when you get a good skein, let me tell you, so if you're a first-timer and having fits, don't give up!

I echo what the other's have said. I'm nearly finished with 2 homespun Q hook afghans. I LOVE this yarn on the Q hook. I will say that I nearly always have to dig for the center strand of yarn to start crocheting from, and usually end up having to pull out a big blob of yarn from the center to find it. THat could just be my luck at work though.

I ended up just making a large granny afghan with a K hook and it is ok. I am not really crazy about the yarn. I don't like the uneven look. But, it has it's place, I guess. I had to start on the outside of the skein and rewind it because I couldn't find the end in the middle. The afghan is coming along nicely tho.

Archived