Ugly Betty - Crocheted Afghan

I didn't see it the first time I watched it, but when I watched part of it on my iPod, I noticed a fun granny square blanket.

Episode title: "I'm Coming Out"

Release Date: 2/1/07

Sighting: Hilda, Betty's sister, is sitting in a recliner watching tv, eating cookie dough, and snuggling up with a fun crocheted blanket.

You can watch the episode for free at ABC.com (http://abc.go.com/primetime/uglybetty/index.html) or pay $1.99 at iTunes. You'll see the blanket in the first minute or so of the episode.

I saw a stunningly beautiful shawl in Pedro Almodovar's film, "All About My Mother" yesterday. It was huge, and wrapped around Penelope Cruz twice. It was also either made out of very thick yarn, or multiple strands. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Even if I didn't crochet I would have gone, "WOW!"

• 1 year later...

Last night on Ugly Betty they had 2 granny square afghans. One on the back of the couch was big ones, probably 12 inch ones. Then one on the chair that her dad used later, was smaller granny squares. I bet the same one as in the first post. They both looked like scrap yarn afghans.

Archived