Sweet Pea Shawl CAL?

Romiettah

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

barb, that is a great color.

i'm on my third row of shells. its looking good. it looks kind of stretched out. i dont know if it is my tension or what, but the stitches look really loose. i tried tightening my tension, but it really made no difference. is this just how it is supposed to look? not that it looks horrible.

I'M DONE! yay! i'll post some pics later. i didnt put the fringe because i kinda think it would look prettier without it and its not really my thing.

here's mine. with close up. tell me if my stitches look alright. can't wait to see everyone elses. i might do another one with a mix colored skein.

Picture104.jpg

Picture103.jpg

here's mine. with close up. tell me if my stitches look alright. can't wait to see everyone elses. i might do another one with a mix colored skein.

That's sooooo beautiful! I'm not too far off finishing mine (although I didn't join this CAL), you've encouraged me to carry on!

That's sooooo beautiful! I'm not too far off finishing mine (although I didn't join this CAL), you've encouraged me to carry on!

thank you dear! you're so sweet! good luck.

Nichole, try resizing them before you post them to wherever you store them. As for the stitching, it looks great. That's how it's supposed to look: very open and loosey-goosey.

• 3 weeks later...
i sent money to my freind in US she will buy the book and send it form me

i can`t wait to make this shawl :)

did any one used an acrylic or wool yarn??

I used caron simply soft which is an acrylic yarn, i believe. it has a little sheen to it, so it worked out wonderfully. and it's oh so soft!

I know I could go back and look through the replies on this cal, but I have a question about yarn used for this. The pattern calls for a WW, but I have some wonderful Reynolds Saucy Sport that I think would be nice for this shawl, and I'm thinking of making it for the reveal package for my SP.

My question is this: has anyone made this with a DK or sport weight yarn? If so, how much smaller did the shawl turn out? Or, would it be possible to adjust the stitch pattern with a longer starting chain to accomodate the smaller yarn (and if so, any idea how much longer I should make the starting chain?).

renee

the diffrence of the yarn won`t change it that much

divide the number of chain on the number of shells the you will get the number of chains needed for each shell

i think one lady made it with cotton yarn and 30 shells

I would just use the pattern with the type of yarn you would like to use. Make a swatch to see how wide your shells will be with the yarn and then calculate that to the width and go from there.

Athba, I'm currently making one for my Secret Pal's reveal package. I am probably about 2/3 of the way finished with it. I have to finish it this weekend because I have to mail her package on Monday. But it really does work up fast once you get the repeat down.

thanks renee

i feel it will get faster starting from the second round

crocheting too many stiches in one chain takes long time and drive me crazy

i`m useing blue 100%cotton and held with it silver thread with 4.5mm hook made 27shells and the size is perfrct for me :clap

thanks renee

i feel it will get faster starting from the second round

crocheting too many stiches in one chain takes long time and drive me crazy

i`m useing blue 100%cotton and held with it silver thread with 4.5mm hook made 27shells and the size is perfrct for me :clap

wow, i really can't wait to see how yours will turn out. that sounds beautiful!

Archived