Sweet Pea Shawl CAL?

Romiettah

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the SnB book "Happy Hooker" has this pattern AND

http://www.nexstitch.com is, I believe the designer of this lovely pattern.

You could order it from there... I think. I know I ordered it from

the designer's site before I got the SnB book by Debbie Stohler.

I can say that the file I downloaded once I ordered was the

best. A lot of work went into how the pattern was prepared and

the picture illustrations were fabulous. [/url]

Shawl Addicted

Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it. And I "second" that I like the yarn you chose for this new shawl. It works up nicely.

I'm coming along.... I've got almost 3 skeins down and 3 more to go. :clap

Hi Everyone! :waving

I hope everyone's having a great weekend. I'm living in The House of Sick this weekend, where me and all three of my kids are sick. They just keep going on about their lives like it's no big deal though. My kids have always been like that when they're sick. They don't let it get them down. Then there's me, moaning and groaning and milkin it for all it's worth!

I have decided that I'm not fond of using the Caron SS for my shawl, so I've ended it and am going to start a new one, but I'm ok with that, since the SS was for practice anyway. I have a sock yarn that I want to use, so I'm going ot extend the starting chain and go from there. I hope it turns out great! I think it will :)

Have a great weekend!

WOOT!

Got my yarn! WOOT! WOOT!

I have to Stashbust first so I wont be starting this until the weekend! BUT WOOT!

Did you find the color you wanted? Where did you end up purchasing it?

Did you find the color you wanted? Where did you end up purchasing it?

I actually went online to find any LYS near my area that I didn't know about, and I actually FOUND one! And boy what a shop it was!!!

I will be going there at least once a week, to just pet yarn! :lol

It's not exactly the color I wanted, but it's a close 2nd.

Thanks for your help today Karen!!!

Not that I need another WIP, let alone another CAL.... but I'm joining you gals if you'll have me! I MUST combine this with my stashbustng CAL, so... I raided the stash and found Reynold's Saucy Swirl - a 100% mercerized cotton in a pink white and silvery-gray colorway. There's a photo of the yarn at the end of this blog post. I'm planning on making it for my ds' teacher, so I need to make it a bit wider. I started this afternoon, adding an extra 30 chains - another 9 inches. I'll post a picture after I work on it a bit more tonight.

I have to add that I love the original yarn but I used what I had in stash for my dd's dress last summer... ooh, I have 3 skeins left, I could make her a mini-Sweet Pea.... another WIM!!!

Well...I have not gotten past the first row...in a way it was a blessing because as I was at my crochet class tonight...I started my second row and realized I only made 4 DTR crochets in the shell instead of 5. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG. SO, I am back to square one. HUMPH!

Well...I have not gotten past the first row...in a way it was a blessing because as I was at my crochet class tonight...I started my second row and realized I only made 4 DTR crochets in the shell instead of 5. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG. SO, I am back to square one. HUMPH!

Just don't give up!! I did that in part of my current one, I noticed a shell with only 4 DTRs instead of 5. I opted to fudge it and not rip back and you can't tell now.

Happy Hooking!:hook

OK, I couldn't resist, I had to start last night. I still have lots of stashbusting to do but it was calling my name, all that beautiful yarn wanting to be a Sweet Pea Shawl! :lol

I finished one hank, I am on row four! I never really looked at the pattern before, I didn't realize it started wide!!! I love shawls that start that way! They seem to go quicker!!!

I am gonna wind me another hank and keep going! WOOT!!!

I will post pics a bit later, gotta find some batteries.

Ginny, yours is turning out gorgeous!

Here is my progress so far...I have two hanks down - think I am on row 9 - but this thing is going to need definite blocking...Karen Carter...when you made yours with this Berroco Cotton Twist, did you find yours needed blocking? My camera just doesn't do this thing justice whatsoever, the colors are beautiful in real life.

sweetpeaprogress01.jpg

Oh yay! I'm so excited to see all your progress. I've been meaning to check in on you all. If anyone would like to submit a photo of the completed project for my gallery page, I'd be happy to include it. It just needs to be a clear photo taken in decent lighting conditions (so we can see what you're wearing of course).

http://www.nexstitch.com/gallery.html

I started the other night - using Reynold's Saucy Swirl. I started a bit wider with 23 shells.

Here's a pic of the shawl in progress

424050329_1486c34898_m.jpg(clickable)

and a close-up

424050332_294a89467d_m.jpg(clickable)

Colors are truer in the close-up

Great job, that is looking really pretty!!!!!

Here is my progress so far...I have two hanks down - think I am on row 9 - but this thing is going to need definite blocking...Karen Carter...when you made yours with this Berroco Cotton Twist, did you find yours needed blocking? My camera just doesn't do this thing justice whatsoever, the colors are beautiful in real life.

sweetpeaprogress01.jpg

That is looking great! I love the way those colors work out together!!!!!

It looks beautiful KnicKnac! I was wondering about the blocking thing too... I've been hoping that the weight of it would help it hang out.... any thoughts from those who have made one already?

It looks beautiful KnicKnac! I was wondering about the blocking thing too... I've been hoping that the weight of it would help it hang out.... any thoughts from those who have made one already?

The original one I made in Flash is not blocked and didn't need to be. As you stated, the weight of the yarn was enough to make it drape nicely on it's own. If you're making it in a yarn that doesn't have the same type of drape, then by all means block it.

Those shawls are looking gorgeous!! I have my yarn but with a husband on crutches (the surgery went good, only a torn miniscus and 6 weeks on crutches) and a 4 year old and 8 month old plus a full time job, I have been too exhausted to even think crochet. I am going to make myself get started on this tonight (fingers crossed).

The original one I made in Flash is not blocked and didn't need to be. As you stated, the weight of the yarn was enough to make it drape nicely on it's own. If you're making it in a yarn that doesn't have the same type of drape, then by all means block it.

Thanks Amie! I've used Flash to made my daughter a dress last year and I think the yarn I am using for the SP (Reynold's Saucy Swirl) will result in a similar drape.

:clap I'm over half way through!! :clap I started with 23 shells, so that adds three shell rows, for a total of 276 shells. I finished the row of 17 shells last night so that means 140 shells down, 136 to go!! Here's a picture a row earlier. I tried to drape it off my curtain rod to see how it would hang.428092789_40252a6210_m.jpg (clickable)

Archived