Sweet Pea Shawl CAL?

Romiettah

Love the button for this CAL. I'm just curious as to where we are to put it and how do we do it? I'm not familiar with buttons, so if anyone can teach this old dog a new trick, I'd be deeply appreciative :)

Do you have a blog?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I have a blog. It is at blogspot. I'm just learning how to use that too :lol

Start by saving the photo to your flickr account.

Is there someone here who uses Blogspot that can better describe how she can get the image onto her account?

Amie, Yes, it took a little while and quite a few tries, but I got it figured out. I was thinking too much and making it way more complicated than it really was. Then I had a DUH moment and it all came together.

Thanks for the button!

Now back to my shawl :D

Tracey, I see you are using Caron Simply Soft for this shawl. I'm curious how it is turning out. I am using Hobby Lobby's new yarn named 'I love this yarn'. It is very similar to Caron SS. This is my practice shawl. My first row was puckering some, but the farther along I get, the smoother it is. Granted, I am only on row 4, because I had to frog it twice. Once because I counted wrong on the chain, and the other because I got distracted, forgot where I was, but continued on without double checking where I left off :eek

...Once because I counted wrong on the chain, and the other because I got distracted, forgot where I was, but continued on without double checking where I left off :eek

Lord KNOWS I've done that before!

Tracey, I see you are using Caron Simply Soft for this shawl. I'm curious how it is turning out. I am using Hobby Lobby's new yarn named 'I love this yarn'. It is very similar to Caron SS. This is my practice shawl. My first row was puckering some, but the farther along I get, the smoother it is. Granted, I am only on row 4, because I had to frog it twice. Once because I counted wrong on the chain, and the other because I got distracted, forgot where I was, but continued on without double checking where I left off :eek

So far the Caron SS is working great! It tends to become rather "fuzzy" or "hairy" looking after a while, which bothers me a little bit, but this is my practice shawl, and the next one, the "real" one will be in something less hairy LOL. I'd like to do it in a fingering weight yarn, actually. I have some Trekking XXL in a great colorway that I'd love to try, so I'll have to add some chains to make it a little longer, since that yarn is a little thinner, but I think it would look great! And I've gotten distracted a little too and had to do a bit of ripping back. I'm glad it's easier to rip back in crochet and pick up where you left off, rather than like knitting where you have to do more work!

I have noticed that the Caron SS tends to get a little 'fuzzy', that's why I decided to try the yarn I'm using. So far this yarn hasn't gotten fuzzy or hairy, even with the frogging I have done. It feels a little thicker than the Caron SS, but it sure is soft. I really like this new yarn.

My next shawl will be done in a different yarn too. I decided I better make a test shawl first since I normally crochet easy, back and forth or round and round items. I fell in love with this shawl the moment I saw it in the book, but was hesitant to branch out. I'm glad I finally tried it. Maybe, just maybe, I have graduated from the beginner rank of crocheting :)

Thank you Amie for making such a beautiful shawl for all of us to enjoy.

Do they usually get posted in the signature so that people can see what wips?

I just checked and they don't allow images (according to the "permissions" listed in the "User CP" of my signature file). Too bad. I think most people are just typing in the name "Sweet Pea CAL" in their sig. files.

What perfect timing! I picked up Flash in the Monterey Magenta colorway to make this for myself (I made one last summer for my mom in Cactus Flower and she loves it.) over my upcoming spring break getaway. I'm so excited that there's a CAL now. :cheer

Correction, I made it almost two years ago! Here's a photo of my daughter modeling. I can't believe that much time has gone by.

I have this wonderful SnB book with the Sweet Pea pattern. I made the Sweet Pea last spring and loved working on this pattern. I used an Egyptian Cotton yarn in Red. I'd love to jump in and make this shawl again in another type of yarn. Not that I need "Another" shawl, thus the name "Shawl Addicted".... I better start finding people to give shawls to as I can't possibly use as many as I produce. If any one would like to suggest a particular yarn for this project, I'd love to hear your comments. I don't think I want to use the same type of yarn this time. Look forward to seeing everyones shawl... Many thanks for starting the CAL and letting me share in it... :hook

Just another hooker.... :lol

I am so behind on this. I have been so busy with Project Linus and have not even started on mine yet. My husband goes in for surgery on Thursday morning and it will take a while so maybe I will get to it then.

My shawl is more than half way done. I was hoping to be farther along, but life keeps getting in the way of my crocheting.

Tomorrow my daughter has an appointment with the orthopedist and will hopefully get her cast off. Also, my mother is having surgery tomorrow (across town), so I will hopefully have time to work on it during the waiting times.

I love this pattern. I will definitely be making more of them. At first I wasn't real happy with my yarn choice. It is thicker than what was used, so the shells are a little puffy. But the more I look at it, and after seeing my daughter model it, the more I'm liking it.

I am so behind on this. I have been so busy with Project Linus and have not even started on mine yet. My husband goes in for surgery on Thursday morning and it will take a while so maybe I will get to it then.

Project Linus is awesome!! and I hope that your husband's surgery goes well, as well as his recovery!!!!!

My shawl is more than half way done. I was hoping to be farther along, but life keeps getting in the way of my crocheting.

Tomorrow my daughter has an appointment with the orthopedist and will hopefully get her cast off. Also, my mother is having surgery tomorrow (across town), so I will hopefully have time to work on it during the waiting times.

I love this pattern. I will definitely be making more of them. At first I wasn't real happy with my yarn choice. It is thicker than what was used, so the shells are a little puffy. But the more I look at it, and after seeing my daughter model it, the more I'm liking it.

I hope she gets her cast off!! If so, WOO WOO!!! Also, I hope that your mother's surgery and recovery go well!!!!

Yes, the SnB book "Happy Hooker" has this pattern AND

http://www.nexstitch.com is, I believe the designer of this lovely pattern.

You could order it from there... I think. I know I ordered it from

the designer's site before I got the SnB book by Debbie Stohler.

I can say that the file I downloaded once I ordered was the

best. A lot of work went into how the pattern was prepared and

the picture illustrations were fabulous.

I have a slow start on my Sweet Pea but that is ok.... I picked up the yarn. This time around I am using the yarn called for Classic Elite Flash as it really is not that expensive for a project. I decided on the color Candy Stripe which looks a little like a peppermint candy cane with pink instead of red. The LYS had it for 4.25$ a skein and this only takes 6 skeins start to finish. I've added a quick page with a photo or two. The Red Sweet Pea was done last spring and in Egyptian Cotton. Wishing all a great day!

http://titan.med.virginia.edu/blackperl/FiberArts.html

Shawl Addicted

Archived