Anyone want to make a romper with me?

laralou

Wow, you read my mind. I bought the crochet today magazine for the romper pattern. I was going to make it for a close friend who had the girl baby back in Janurary. I need to contact her to make sure that it's what she want. I will let you know soon. If she say yes, then count me in!

I would if I had any of the books you all have that is cute and would look cute in a girl color on my god daughter's doll. Her doll is big. I'll look online and see what I can find.

I am using the pattern in Crochet Today's feb/mar 07 issue. I need a summery baby boy pattern for a b'day gift for the nephew this month.

http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=88

I couldn't find the yarn listed so I subbed with Paton's Grace in the same colors. You could do it for a girl in girly colors!

I'm in..although it's down my list of things to get done a ways ..I have to make two for my twins but I think they are super cute! Let me know how the Grace works out, I've looked at it too.

Anyone have success so far like pics? I will start one as soona s I am done with the comforghan I am making but I just want to know how everyone is doing on this.

OK I'm finally in! Just finish talking with my friend. She sent me some pictures via emails of her daughter. So cute!

I decide to do 24 months old size as she said her daughter grow so fast for two months old.

Her daughter was about 6 lbs when she was born. By now she is like 8-9 lbs by her estimate.

So is it wise to do 24 months size ? I will go and get some yarn this weekend. Maybe something else beside pink. Her daughter got a lot of pink clothes, LOL.

The best part is she ask me to teach her how to crochet! (her aunt is teaching her how to knit). Probably, I will take her to a LYS on next visit and do a lesson at her place.

I just may join you all here! I'm crocheting things for my sister who is due at the end of April with her first! There are more than 10 years between me and my little sis so I really am old enough (almost) to be its granny! She is having a girl so I am going to do a little sun suit for her for the summer.

Diane....I would not go to the 24 month size...I really think it would be too big until maybe next year as 24 months is really close to toddler sizes. If it were me I would just go to the 6 or maybe the 12 month size if you can. Just my two cents, you should check the size measurements in the pattern to be sure. How fun that you get to teach the Momma to crochet too! Good for you!

Theresa - Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. I might go for 12 months size. If the baby is too big or small for it, another excuse for me to make another! :lol

Well Diane, if you make the 24 months there is a good chance the baby can wear it next year too! I started mine last night and got the front done. I was almost done with the back, noticed my stitch count was off by one, then had to tear it almost all the way out!.. Oh well it will teach me to pay attention!. I will try to find the pattern online and post a link to it here...I just can't remember where I found it!

Here's the link. You have to be a member, but it is free!

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?criteria=babychil

I got some paton graces today with some nice buttons. Anyone else use grace? If so, how is it ?

I will work on the gauge tomorrow, I got purple and varigated purple/light blue/white yarns... will do all varigated for romper then have purple for buttons and edging.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of pics of the finished onesie and a sun suit I did. The shower is this weekend for my sister. She is having a girl and is due at the end of April.

th_onesie3.jpg

th_Babysunsuit1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thank you Aelita...after I got the pattern figured out for the onesie it was easy and the sun suit was super easy! The pattern for the sun suit tells you to just sew the straps and the crotch together, but I put snaps on both for ease of dressing and diapering! For the crotch I had to add about five rows of sc stitching to have a place for the snaps to attatch.

Archived