DH's new toy...

OK..so DH got his bonus for the year...and not everyone got one, so we weren't expecting anything...but he did get one and it's a NICE one...and DH is into photography..and has outgrown our little point & click digital...so last night, we got a sitter and went out to the local camera shop...and DH asked me how much I'd set aside for his new camera and all the toys to go with it...and I told him what I'd set aside...then I told him I really need to re-stock my yarn stash and was setting aside some money for that too...and he looked at me and asked (teasing me) just how much did you set aside for yarn??? I told him that I'd set aside a quarter of his camera fund for my yarn...and he couldn't argue!!! Especially after I helped him get all his little doohickeys last night (I reminded him of 2 or 3 things that he'd wanted and forgot about)...SO!! Over the next little bit, I can spend pretty much whatever I want on yarn and not have to feel guilty cause I'll know he spent more on his camera LOL!!

This is gonna be fuuuuuuuun!!!:hook

Jessie

what a nice pressie for you both Jess. you guys totally deserve it and were in need of a little goodness. just so long as DH shares.. lol

photography is like crochet - one size and type of hook is never enough :-) There are all those cameras, lenses, filters, flashes, bags, film, and there's the darkroom that has to be outfitted with enlargers, dryers, developers, etc. Half our freezer stores photo paper, not food :-)

Now that digital cameras are here, my dad's darkroom only sees him occassionally (replaced by computer programs). Kind of like my quilting - my sewing machines sees less of me every year now that I have a quiltpro :-) I can 'play' anytime, and there's no mess to clean up ...

Archived