Aiden's Little Baby Sweater Pattern-UPDATE

MamaHooks

I made the pattern by counting the stitches after I was finished making it. So if you have questions or corrections then please tell.

Aiden's Little Baby Sweater [Newborn to 3 months]

[click on photo to enlarge]

th_babysweaterfinished4.jpg

Baby Weight Yarn

MC - Mint

CC - Blue

Hook size "I" & “H” & “F”

Tapestry Needle

Stitches - sc, hdc, dc, V-stitch (dc, sc, dc) in same stitch

This pattern is was created by me Vickie aka MamaHooks it is for personal use. It is not to be distributed for commercial use. Any recreation or distribution of this pattern for use non-personal use is against the law! Copyright © 2007

Ch 54

MC -Mint

Neck

ROW 1.) 1 Dc in 3rd ch from hook, 1 Dc in next 7 ch, (Dc, sc, Dc) in next ch, 1 Dc in next 8 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 Dc in next 15chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 Dc in next 8 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 Dc in next 8 chs. [47 Dc, 4 V-stitch]

ROW 2.) Ch 2, turn, 1 Dc in next 8 sts, V-stitch in ch-1 sp, 1 Dc in next 10 sts, V-stitch in next ch, 1 Dc in next 17chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 10 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 9 chs. [55 dc, 4 V-stitch]

ROW 3.) Ch 2, turn, 1 dc in next 9 sts, V-stitch in ch-1 sp, 1 dc in next 12 sts, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 19chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 12 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 10 chs. [63 dc, 4 V-stitch]

ROW 4.) Ch 2, turn, 1 dc in next 10 sts, V-stitch in ch-1 sp, 1 dc in next 14 sts, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 21 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 14 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 11 chs. [71 dc, 4 V-stitch]

ROW 5.) Ch 2, turn, 1 dc in next 11 sts, V-stitch in ch-1 sp, 1 dc in next 16 sts, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 23 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 16 chs, V-stitch in next ch, 1 dc in next 12 chs. [79 dc, 4 V-stitch]

[edit Row 6 is the sleeve hole]

Sleeve

ROW 6.) Ch 2, turn, 1 dc in next 12 sts, 1 dc in CH-1 sp, sk 18 sts, 1 dc in next CH-1 sp, 1 dc in each of the 25 sts, 1 dc in next CH-1 sp, sk 18 sts, 1 hdc in CH-1 sp, 1 dc in next 13 sts. [55 dc]

Fasten Off, Weaving in Ends

With CC - Blue

ROW 7.) Ch 2, turn,1 dc in each st across

ROWS 8-16.) Repeat Row 8

Fasten Off, Weaving in Ends

Sleeves

RND 1.) Attach with a slst to Row 7 with blue, ch 1, sc around the sleeve hole, join with slst to ch1

RND 2.) Ch 2, hdc in each st around, join with slst to top of ch 2

RNDS 3- 6.) Repeat RND 2

Fasten Off, Weave in Ends

Edging – Neck [“H” hook]

Join to the back of the neck with blue, ch 1, sc around the neck of sweater (as corners do 3 sc), SWITCH to hook “F” and do the front edge of sweater, SWITCH to hook “H” for the bottom of the sweater, SWITCH to hook “F” and do the other side of the front edge of sweater, SWITCH to hook “H” and finish the rest of the neck line, slst to ch 1

Edging - Sleeve

Join to sleeve cuff with mint, ch 1, sc around the cuff, slst to ch 1

RND 2.) Ch 1, sc around again, slst to ch 1

Ties - (make 2)

Hook "F"

With blue measure 72 inches of yarn for each tie. Fold the yarn in half, where the Mint and the blue meet on the sweater is where the ties go. With right side facing you, draw the yarn through the sc of the edging, insert hook into the next stitch to your left, draw yarn through again and make a slst. Now ch 36 and fasten off. Tie a knot and cut excess yarn. Repeat for other side.

thanks so much for sharing this--I love the style and colors of this sweater, it would totally work for either gender! I was hoping you'd post the pattern when I saw your pic in the show & tell forum--thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a cap or bonnet and set of booties for this pattern? If there isn't, would you mind if I design some to go with the sweater? I'd of course send you a copy, and put your information for people to get your pattern to coordinate with them.

Is there a cap or bonnet and set of booties for this pattern? If there isn't, would you mind if I design some to go with the sweater? I'd of course send you a copy, and put your information for people to get your pattern to coordinate with them.

design-n-crochet, I would be honored if you would make a cap/bonnet and bootie set for this sweater.

Archived