Pot holders and scarves and placemats-oh my!

Guest NatashaW

Yay Natasha for completing the potholders. I got my first magazine from the Crochet Guide of America the other day and have been making hearts...they are really cute...

In a low mode mood today...so bare with me please...

Very happy you completed the pot holders and can hardly wait to see pics.:w-snow2

Guest NatashaW

Cute smilie LeAnna :lol : It's true again... more snow coming down as I speak.

I am onto a checkered pot holder with many more colour changes and I'm a bit nervous... I don't know how to change so quickly.

Natasha

Guest NatashaW

Darn it, I forgot to upload the :camera :(

Well anyway I started a hat last night... it was going well but I need to take it out and redo it. I did two double crochets when I was supposed to do one in at least a few spots but I would've been fine with that except I used a bigger hook then they called for and this is for my daughter so I'm going to redo it. I'm also considering making it two layers... that way it would be warm enough. It went really fast though :danc So I'm definitely going to give it another shot (with a smaller hook).

:knit

Natasha

For starting a new project....:artist

I finally called the states and got my membership number and password for Crocheters Guild of America so I could get into other parts of their website...too exciting...just when I think I might get bored with crocheting again...not a chance for a good long while...too many patterns I want to try...

Guest NatashaW

Oh yeah, there are definitely a LOT of patterns I'm wanting to try.

I'm going to do this hat, my DH said he'd wear one if it had a Maple Leafs thing on it... maybe I'll get him an iron on :lol

Natasha

Well, like I said in the chat...if I can do the leaves for the apron,I think you can probably find a crochet pattern for a maple leaf...might be something I could attempt to tackle...

Guest NatashaW

Okay so I went out at lunch and bought an M and an L hook. I'll give the hat another try tonight if I get a chance but it's ceramics tonight. $7 for two needles :( and that came out of my ceramic money but if I need more I have some in my ceramic account. I can't wait to be able to spend more money on craft stuff. I saw these really adorable shaggy dogs you make with a skein of yarn and I'm going to have to try it out. No crocheting, just a bit of sewing but heck maybe even my Girl Guides could do it (minus the sewing-it needs a machine).

So anyway, I have two hooks and I'm going to attempt the hat again soon.

Natasha

Yah...new hooks...good luck on the hat...and I'm already mentally brainstorming on how to crochet the Canadian Maple Leaf...

Guest NatashaW

Thank you Heather and Deb!

I finished another project this weekend... a hat for my daughter.

I do have pictures too!

hat3.jpg

hat2.jpg

hat1.jpg

I think I might expand myself a bit now... that pattern was super easy and I don't think I made one mistake so maybe I'm ready for something a bit more advanced.

Natasha

Archived