Head Huggers?

needlesandpinza

Lindsay,I have been sending hats to Head Huggers for about 6 months.Sue,the coordinator,always emails me when my package has arrived & often tells me which charity they will be shipped to.

Just make sure to use really soft yarn!

Sue is a great lady. She takes great care with all the hats she receives. A couple of my patterns are on the headhuggers site. It's a great charity to contribute hats to if you have the time/materials!

Ro

What types of yarns have you been using?

I mostly use Caron Simply Soft & RedHeart Supersaver(but only if it's reallly soft).I dislike scratchy yarns myself, so I make sure to use only soft.

I sometimes come across a skein of cotton or cotton-blend in a thrift shop or yardsale that I will use.

I mostly use Caron Simply Soft & RedHeart Supersaver(but only if it's reallly soft).I dislike scratchy yarns myself, so I make sure to use only soft.

I sometimes come across a skein of cotton or cotton-blend in a thrift shop or yardsale that I will use.

Excellent! have those here! cant wait to get started, you can use their patterns when sending right to them right?

• 10 months later...

img4146zv0.jpg

Just finished head hugger pattern for myself nice and cosy.

This was done on thicker yarn with a 6.00mm hook now trying with a thinner yarn tried with a 4.00mm hook but has come out to slack on my head.

I am in UK advice on hook size I should use please.

A lovely pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

I made headhuggers from that web site for some local ladies going thru chemo. I used baby yarns (2 ply) and for a couple I added a strand of funfur just to give it a festive aire. I made sure the loops were large for the stretchableness they would need and they came out fine. The recipients never knew who made them so my "go between" told me their responses; they liked them. So I guess that wins. But soft and stretchy is great; no "natural" fibers like wool though.

• 1 month later...

I use RedHeart Simply Soft and make small hats for children undergoing chemo. I just donate them directly to my local children's hospital. They are always grateful and it makes me feel good to do something for someone. :)

Archived