MsSunflwr

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it warm??

actully i took the idea but made easier pattern of the stiche

i was soo exited but after starting some cold water has been droped on my flame

i`ll try to finish the first strip today

I'm not sure. I finished mine February 18th. I will eventually make a second one, I just don't know when.

I'm working on my second one now. The more you work on this one, the strips seem to be done a lot faster. I have four strips done on my second one now and it's only been a couple of days. Since I work full-time, I don't get much time to crochet, so getting an afghan done that fast says a lot about how fast this one goes.

I haven't cuddled up with my first one yet, but it does seem pretty warm. Using a heavier yarn like bulky weight or using a more solid stitch should make it even warmer.

Candy

I really enjoyed working on this afghan. I may have to get some more yarn though. I have one afghan and a sweater to make before I can make another one of these.

cancrochet

wow

you are amazing

4 strips in 2 days

i may be need 4 for mine but i`ll make them 5

and i need it as throw more than afghan :)

i`m working on specific colours i`ve chose to be girly light one so it isn`t randomly or just useing my left overs to get red of it

and i`ve swiched the black border with off white to be lighter :):clap

LaurieE

can`t wait to see you starting :):cheer

It may be the fall before I start the second one. I've finished a third of the afghan I'm currently working on and then it's on to the sweater I promised to make for my daughter.

This is day 2 home from work with a stomach virus. I'm feeling better than I did yesterday. I didn't get any crocheting done in my down time, I've been so sick. But I did manage to get a photo of the finished afghan on Sunday night, just didn't post it. I ended up putting a trim around it (although I didn't get a photo of the trim). I'm glad I'm done with this one. I did like the half dc's around the panels rather than dc's.

2ndstainedglasswindowafghan.jpg

q8_crochet - Thanks for your compliment. On average, I could complete a panel in two evenings (crocheting after work, cooking dinner, etc.). I did think the pattern was written a little unclearly and I guess I tweaked it a bit and just did a v stitch rather than the 2 dc's between the spaces of the previous rows. This gave it a more solid look in my opinion and a great texture, similar to knitting with huge hooks. I am quite pleased with the completed afghan. Now if I only had time to make myself one.

Hi all! can I still join this CAL? I started a slight variation on this pattern last night and i'm really liking it! I'm using DC for the rows, I started the way the pattern called for, but I felt like it was too open.

I'm at work for another half hour or so, but when I get home ill post a picture of what I have done so far.

This is a great way to use up those skiens of yarn that I only have one of and that don't match anything else!

Jessica, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to join in. This is such a fun and fast afghan to make. I've already finished one and will probably be starting a second one in a few months.

Archived