Granny's Daughter-CAL

amalin06

This is a way to get rid of all your scraps, and you only need about 2 yards of yarn for each granny square. The square's are the first ring of a normal granny square.

The square's are only 1 1/2 inches so you can take this project with you wherever you go!!!!

There are a couple different ways to put these little squares together to make an afghan.

This site on CPC tells you one way:

Just scroll down to Granny's Daughter 9sq. patch:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/6in_squares.php

This website is like the one I'm doing. It takes a little more yarn to put the little square's together:

http://www.quilt.com/Crochet/GrannysDaughter/GrannysDaughter.html#Pattern

I have a pattern from Vanna's Afghan and Crochet Favorite's binder set that I got from my grandmother. You might be able to buy it off of ebay.

So who's in?????/:hook

Also for all those who don't want square's, there are a couple CAL going on that are made in circles. Just search scrap-ghan CAL or simple yoyo square afghan along.

They are both different and both just as pretty.

There are many ways to use Granny's Daughters, and they are all a very good way to use up those scraps that you can't use for anything else. Good luck on you hat yarncat

• 1 month later...

honestly I just hate doing these. (I like the gialnt granny ghans) but I do have a small ziplock put away (I think there's about 40 of them in white) if anyone's interested I can toss them in the mail when I get to the Post Office. PM me if you're interested.

I'm making the pattern from Vanna's. It has become a ufo. maybe this will get me going on it.

that's the one i started then i stopped and started to use my scraps for another afghan

• 5 months later...

Well, I just made a few of these to send to some others on here who are doing charity 'ghans w/ them. wanting to make some more for that along w/ the 1's i have made up to try and make me a 'ghan from some. :)

Sandy

Archived