Coats and Clark afghan

I am just posting to vent. I always swore that I would NEVER make another pieced afghan and here I am making the Sunrise Sunset afghan from the Coats and Clark ad in crochet magazines because I liked the look of it. I've completed 14 squares but still have 34 to go. Then I have to piece them together and stitch around the outside. I'm sure it will be fine once it's done, but right now I'm questioning my sanity.

What's worse is that I bought red and white yarn to do another for next Christmas. :eek

I understand. I was making a quilt afghan (part of the CAL) and stopped for now because I just got tired of doing the squares, weaving in ends, sewing them together. And I was trying to do it all at once so I wouldn't get bored... ugh. I will probably continue with it again later, because it does look nice where I'm at.

LOL!

I made the same afghan for my DH for Christmas - even though he didn't want an afghan I thought it would look great on our couch and protect it from sun damage. (Plus it makes up for the time he gave me an electric mixer for Christmas). Anyway, it's only my 2nd afghan in recent memory and boy it did take forever to put all those squares together. Plus, one square started unravelling at the center and another ended up quite a bit bigger ( did I grab the wrong hook?). so had to go back and make 2 new squares.

Try to weave in your ends as you go along, or you will be weaving in ends for 6 weeks! HeHe

I left out the very last row, just chains and SC's, seemed silly to bother and it looked fine without it.

Good Luck!

Angie

LOL!

I made the same afghan for my DH for Christmas - even though he didn't want an afghan I thought it would look great on our couch and protect it from sun damage. (Plus it makes up for the time he gave me an electric mixer for Christmas).

:rofl Oh Angie that's just TOO funny :rofl

Hang in there Bonita! I'm sure it'll be great :manyheart ! You can always vent at us :D

Thanks for the suggestion about weaving, Angie. That's something I always do and have learned from experience. I now have 22 squares completed of the 24 in the first colour combo, and will likely start today doing the reverse. Think that once I have a few done of the reverse combo that I will start assembly so I don't have all 48 to try and do at once. My husband might find me swinging from the chadeliers.

One thing I did that made it at least seem to go faster: I made the first few rows of each granny for each square. I.e. when I fastened off for the next color instead of continuing with that square, i started the next square and did that each time I ended off. then when I only had the last 3 rows to do, it seemed like I was so much farther ahead than I really was.

Angie

Archived