Green Cloche with Rib/Cables

Leslee

This is another hat I've designed myself. I made it using some Red Heart SS from our stash. I was trying to create a cabled look using FPDC but it ended up looking more like ribbing, either way it turned out okay... I think so atleast. If any of you have any suggestions for how to achieve the look of cables it would be greatly appreciated.

hat4.jpg

Also as ridiculous (sp?) as this may seem does anyone have any ideas other than my balloons for taking pictures of hats (you know to fill out the shape)? I know I could always wear them myself but I'm camera shy. Thanks!

Maybe you've already tried this, but the best way I've found so far to do cables is to use a four-stitch space:

1) Skip two stitches. In the third stitch, do a front post triple crochet (or a front post double).

2. In the 4th stitch, do another front post triple.

3. Now reach back to the first skipped stitch and do a front post triple.

4. Last, do a front post triple in the second skipped stitch. Cable complete!

Continue on with your row.

For a mini-cable, skip one stitch, front post triple in second stitch, then reach back and do a front post triple in the skipped stitch.

(For all of these, you can do front post doubles instead of triples.)

Hope this helps!

No I don't have kids. I considered drawing faces on it but my dog was freaked out enough by it (blowing the balloon up and in general it's existance sent her into wild banshee mode) that I figured I would be best off leaving it be.

Archived