This could be fun!

My 18 y.o. stepdaughter was watching me wind yarn balls with my swift and ball winder and asked how they worked. She mentioned that she'd like to "learn to do stuff with yarn" so she could make booties for her baby, due in February. I was all over that like white on rice! Two years ago I could not get this girl to even say "yarn," much less teach her crochet. I was telling her I had some patterns for her to look at, and I'd be glad to teach her. She was excited, and I'm hoping this will give us a common interest that we can enjoy together. :hook

How wonderful! I think it is great that you two will be trying this together.

Somehow, a baby is a great reason to learn to crochet or knit!

:manyheart

I suppose those pregnancy hormones that make moms-to-be feel like nesting includes the desire to play with fabric and yarn (quilts and afghans), since we don't gather twigs :-)

Until my sister got pregnant, she wouldn't have touched yarn except to burn it as an evil hobby (mine) LOL

Enjoy her interest in learning, because it includes an interest in you, too :-) Those same hormones must also stir an interest in getting closer to other moms as friends.

I suppose those pregnancy hormones that make moms-to-be feel like nesting includes the desire to play with fabric and yarn (quilts and afghans), since we don't gather twigs :-)

I was thinking the same thing! It must be the nesting instinct that prompted your daughter's desire to learn! I hope she enjoys it!

Archived