Susan Bates Soft Touch Hooks

iSiSfae

Hey all

recently i saw the Susan Bates Soft Touch crochet hook gift set on amazon.com at a really good discount ($32 instead of $46). the set comes complete with a beautiful roll up tapestry case.

B0002J5GUI.01-AJQBFGSAOLTLT._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

i really love susan bates hooks and i'm wondering if anyone's tried the soft touch version. are they good hooks? are they comfortable to hold and use? to they help to alleviate knuckle stress like the product claims to?

i've seen the individual hooks at the craft store and i've been thinking of getting the set as 1) it's cheaper than picking them up individually and 2) my knuckles are now a mess from my hooking habit and they seem to be a good way to have small gauge hooks that won't destroy my hands.

any opinions will be appreciated!

thanks!

That must be a misprint on Amazon. The hooks are Clover not Susan Bates. They do not have the classic Bates in line hook.

So, Clover does not have the same style hook as Susan Bates? Is it more like the Boye line?

Joan

I LOVE the CLOVER hooks and wish they would make them in larger hook sizes. I think the largest is a J. I use Clover hooks all the time, unless I need a hook larger than a J! I got mine for under $3 a hook on Ebay.

The same set is on sale at joanns.com for the same price and free shipping. Also. if you catch it at the right time you can get the whole set with a 40% off coupon for even cheaper! By the way, I have these hooks too and they are the only ones I use if I can help it.

The same set is on sale at joanns.com for the same price and free shipping. Also. if you catch it at the right time you can get the whole set with a 40% off coupon for even cheaper! By the way, I have these hooks too and they are the only ones I use if I can help it.

the deal i found on amazon.com was through the seller joann fabrics. i think amazon runs their site for them

i'll go check it out... almost every time i log on to that site they always pop up a coupon

i need small gauge hooks with big handles so this might work out well for me

Archived