Stuck on this pattern not sure where to post this.

scotkat

Trying to make this scarf :think in the quick and easy headband & scarf.

But not understanding. found it on th efree pattern wwwmodadea.com patterns today.

Pics looks like a patter from 1920's or 1930's .

Scarf

First half

Row 1 : Start at cetre back with yarn ,ch9,sc in 2nd ch from hook,sc in next 7ch,ch1,turn.(8st)

Row 2-34 sc in each st acrss ,ch1,turn 8sc

tab Row 1 : Sc in firs tsc,2sc in next sc,sc in each sc to last 2sc, 2sc in next sc ,sc in last sc ch 1,turn.(10sc)

row 2-4 sc in each sc across ,ch1,turn 10)

row 5-14 (repeat rows 1-4) twice,then rep rows 1 an d2 ,drop yarn,draw cheniellen through lp on hook ,ch3,turn,(16sc at end of row14)

row 15 dc in front of lp of each sc fasten of chenielle.

Row 16 At beginninin of last row insert hook in top of turnign ch3 an din lp of corr st of last yarn row,draw lp through ch1,sc in same lps insert hook in back lp of next dc and in remain lp of corros st of previous row,draw lp through yo and draw through both lps an drep acrosss ch1,turn 16sc.

Row 17 sc in each sc ch1 turn 16sc.

row 18 sc in first sc ,2sc in next sc sc in last sc ch1 turn 18sc.

row 19 sc in each sc drop yarn,draw chen through lp on hook ch3 turn.

20 -41 repeat rows 15-19 4 times then rows 15-16 and ch1 turn 26sc in rows 40 and 41.

242-44 sc in firs tsc skip next sc sc in each across to last 2sc skip next sc in last sc ch1 turn at end od row 44 draw chen through lp omn hook ch3 turn 20sc end row 44.

row 445-48 rep rows 15,16,42,43 and 44 fasten off .

Then start second half.

Not understanding pattern go tto row 5 then drop yarn not sure what to do then got lost.

Is there a picture or a link where I can see this pattern. I am also wondering where you might have some typos. Is it rows 242 to 244 or rows 42 - 44. I'm not sure where the typo may be.

I'll do a search for the moda dea to see if I can find this.

couple of points to ponder - theere is a thread called Crochet help for challenges like this. If we can get this thread moved - that would be nice but not necessary

and regarding the pattern...

1. are you supposed to be working with two strands: one of yarn and one of chenille? I tried a simplified version but wasn't clear on this part

2. are you working with British terms? (being in Scotland and all - it makes sense but I need to ask to know whereof we speak).

Trying to make this scarf :think in the quick and easy headband & scarf.

But not understanding. found it on th efree pattern wwwmodadea.com patterns today.

row 5-14 (repeat rows 1-4) twice,then rep rows 1 an d2 ,drop yarn,draw cheniellen through lp on hook ,ch3,turn,(16sc at end of row14)

row 15 dc in front of lp of each sc fasten of chenielle.

Not understanding pattern go tto row 5 then drop yarn not sure what to do then got lost.

It sounds like the pattern is either made using different colors or different yarns. When you drop the yarn you're using, you're picking up your second color/yarn type. To change yarns, make your DC but before you would pull thru both loops to complete it, drop your yarn, make a slip knot with the new yarn, put it on your hook an pull thru to finish the DC. That's what pops into my head when "drop" is used in crochet.

Gypsy/Brandon

Archived