Can anyone help me?

Guest stitchingfrenzy1

Question

Guest stitchingfrenzy1

My Great Grandmother crocheted a table cloth for my Grandmother. Both have passed away and the table cloth is gone (for the most part). I would like to duplicate it for my mother, as a surprise. It looked like small steering wheels from an old wooden ship. It was done from more than a hundred motifs. The wheel circle was single crochet and about 5 or six rounds....very solid looking. Between each wheel were lacy chains connecting them. It is so hard to explain. I hope someone knows where I could possibly find it. I have looked at an excellent site angelfire.com/folk/celtwich. It did not even have it there. I DID get several that are gorgeous anyway. Thanks in advance. :wave

7 answers to this question

Try Crochet Pattern Central she has an extensive tablecloth section... I have seen something like what you describe I just can't for the life of me remember where:bang , try there and I'll keep going through my bookmarks and maybe I'll figure out where I saw it.

Guest stitchingfrenzy1

OH you ladies are wonderful! However, that was not the one and even on that entire page, it is not on there. I have been searching for a few years now. I fear I will never retrieve it. There isn't even enough of it left to copy it. I appreciate you keeping your eyes open for me. You are appreciated! :wave

I know what pattern you are talking about.. My great grandmother had the same tablecloth.. Either I or my mother has that pattern now.. I will have to go thru mine and see if I have it, if not the end of next month I will be visiting my family and I will go thru my moms patterns to see if she has it...

Cathey

Archived