Columbus/Central Ohio Meetup

Tracey4610

Hey all!! I'm trying to get something set up for all of us to meet!! I've a couple locations in mind...Who is interested, and what days/times are best for you? I know we're getting into the holiday season, but it would be absolutely LOVELY to meet new friends who don't think I'm weird for crocheting/knitting (the running joke among dh's friends is that he's Amish [not really] 'cause he grew a beard in high school...I knit, crochet, and know how to make butter, and I want to learn how to spin, so it makes his teasing worse!! :eek:heehee:goodorbad

I was thinking of meeting up at Caribou Coffee at the Worthington Mall (can't stand Starbucks, and Caribou has a much more relaxing ambience!!). Or perhaps the Knitter's Mercantile on Kenny? Either place is great, and I can contact any of the managers...Or does anyone have other ideas?

Tracy, I would love to get together to meet and crochet since I'm only about 55 miles from Columbus, but I'm swamped doing my book right now. I probably wouldn't be able to come to anything till March. If you do get together, I'll be so jealous! I wish i could be part of it, but I'm sure you'll have fun and maybe it will be the start of something that can be done annually?? Mary Jane in Dayton

Tracey,

This sounds great! :cheer I live in Logan (about 50 miles southeast of Columbus), so weekends are really best for me -- maybe a Sunday afternoon? I know Saturdays are hard for people to give up, especially right before the holidays and a lot of mine are filled, too. But in January and beyond Saturdays would also be good for me. I like the idea of meeting at a coffee house. :yes Thanks for being willing to coordinate this! :yay

Elizabeth

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya Tracey -- I'm in Columbus, and I'd love to get together with a group. After Christmas would probably be best, and Saturday or Sunday afternoon would be great.

Good idea!

Great! I'll contact the mgr. at Caribou soon, and try to set up something for January...I'm sure he/she won't mind, since the holiday shopping rushes will be over and they'll be desperate for customers! ;)

Archived