looking for easier pattern........

craftysis

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I've been making baby afghans and wedding afghans with names. I have been doing it for years. What I do is graph out the name. There is a computer program that makes it very easy. The program is for filet crochet, but works very well for this. The stitch that I use is the the popcorn. Four single crochets in one stitch, one single crochet in next stitch. This way I can use a different color for the name and maybe white for the backround. It really is very easy.

The puff stitches are only for the letters themselves. You can do all kinds of shapes that way, kind of like a grid. If you sc across to where you want the letter to begin, then work however many puff stitches you need to start the shape of the letter. I normally would do a row of sc for the next row after the start of the puff stitches, then the third row would be a continuation of whatever letter you are making in puff stitches. Maybe this will help.

- = sc

0 = puff stitch

---------------------

--------000---------

----------------------

--------0---0--------

----------------------

--------000----------

----------------------

--------0---0--------

----------------------

--------000----------

----------------------

:sweat I hope that makes any kind of sense.

Yarngirl, you have it right on:cheer2 The wrong side of the work is always single crochet across. I usually carry the yarn across the back from the beginning letter to the last letter, and then cut it. This way I am not using up so much yarn. As far as the letters go, I think you can pick up a book with all kind of letters. I have one from Leisure Arts. The book is really for needlepoint and cross-stitch. It can be used very easily for crochet.

Archived