Help!

lauravee

Question

Alright, I bought a load of kitchen cotton yarn in holiday colors to make an afghan from a free leaflet that I got from walmart. The pattern makes no sense to me and now I am stuck with all this cotton. Does anyone have any ideas for a different afghan??? :th

Laura

3 answers to this question

I also have a load of kitchen cotton and I've been working them into different types of dishrags, mostly just from my own pattern on the fly. I've used the star afghan pattern to make mini-star dishrags, in loads of diff. colors and will be giving them with Xmas presents.

It also makes great shawls and bedspreads. I'm making a motif bedspread from a pattern I found for a vest. I didn't care for the vest, but the motifs were pretty. I also like it when you can join the squares as you go. I have even used tablecloth motifs I've found to make spreads. They are so pretty on a colored sheet!

I'll try and find the shawl pattern I just made and take a pic. If you want to make something like that I can dig up the pattern and tell you what variations I did. Probably by Monday. :))

Archived