Chenille scarves anyone?

crochetdiva

Question

5 answers to this question

I was looking for something big and loose. But I made one from the Lionbrand site last nite. It looked nice, but I ran out of yarn about 6 inches from the end. so I pulled out the last row and slip stitched the row instead. It looks nice.

I have one more to make in chenille and two in homespun. But I would still like to find a looser pattern.:knit

I have made several, I have used the eye lash stuff, make width I did ch to 5 in, turn and now from here you can dc or sc, across. make as long as wanted. note, working with eyelash or fun fur, it does not pull out easy and nor is it easy to see stitches. I suggest the dc stitch, it is light and airy, also just finished one using homespun , because it is so chuncky and did not want it solid, I dc across first foundation row, then next row every other dc. repeat all the way each row, and it turned out wonderful. Took just a few hours to make. Any yarn will work up nicely, just depends on the look you desire. :brrr

Thanks for the tip. I used solid. I knit a scarf from Patons Bohemian that turned out GREAT! It has loops down the sides and is as soft as feathers. But I wanted to crochet a scarf for a change.

I will try the dk idea too. Thanks.:ty

Archived