Crochet shop in Toronto??

AgnesMargaret

Hello everyone, I wonder if any of you knows about a reliable shop in Toronto, Ontario, where I could find good thread and some hooks, too... I am so new to this city :( , I would really appreciate any tips! I am also looking for tatting shuttles. Reliable online vendors would be great, too.

Anybody from Ontario, can you help me please?

Many thanks!

Hi AgnesMargaret!

Welcome to the 'ville! I don't live in Toronto but I checked online and found this link: http://www.woolworks.org/stores/on.html

Which has listings for Ontario stores, shops, etc. and there are quite a few in the Toronto area. Some of them have their own websites as well to order online, etc.

Hope that helps! :D

• 1 month later...

My Dad is in Toronto so when I visited last we went on the "hunt" for yarn. There is a shop called "Passionknit". Sorry, I don't remember the street name. The name sounded so fun and it looked so cute when we drove by but it was a Sunday and it was closed. Usually knitting shops have crochet supplies or know where you can find crochet supplies. Please share your findings once you have visited some of them.

My Dad is in Toronto so when I visited last we went on the "hunt" for yarn. There is a shop called "Passionknit". Sorry, I don't remember the street name. The name sounded so fun and it looked so cute when we drove by but it was a Sunday and it was closed. Usually knitting shops have crochet supplies or know where you can find crochet supplies. Please share your findings once you have visited some of them.

Hi Greentea,

oh yes, there are a few - Lettuceknit is a cosy little shop at Kensington Market, open Sundays I think and well-stocked (not so cheap, though). No thread, but all sorts of yarn. And there is a shop called Knitomatic at Bathurst Street, a somewhat bigger store. (Aren't these names fun?? :lol ) The owner of the latter told me there was a crochet shop at Ossington&Dundas, but I haven't had the time to go there yet. Oh, and there is the everlasting Wal-Mart at Dufferin Mall.

Hope this will get you on the right track for yarn the next time you visit your Dad! Cheers, Agnes

• 4 weeks later...

Agnes, there's also The Naked Sheep down on Queen East in the Beaches, and Village Yarns out in the west end. There's a yarn store on Brock Street in Whitby, Kniterary, and their Clea (size 10 cotton) is on sale at, I think, 50% off (though don't quote me on that). Not sure how much any of them cater to crocheters, but as someone else said, you can (usually) find a hook or two wherever there's knitting supplies.

Brae

Hey, didn't anyone mention Romni Wools at Bathurst and Queen?

That's the holy grail of yarn stores in T.O.

People visit from around the world because their selection is second to none, not to mention that there's yarn in every price range. Just be prepared to spend some time there because you'll be amazed once you walk in the door. :eek

If you're at Lettuce Knit, just hop on over to Romni, they're in the same neck of the woods.

I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer! :)

Archived