edgings

crochetdiva

Question

I am making a shawl/lapghan for my mother. Something that she can wrap around her shoulders or over her legs. I have the center done and it is rectangular. The stitches are (ch1, dc), so it is lacy. I made it in blue boucle and would like to crochet an edging around it in white boucle. I haven't a clue what to do. any suggestions?: :bang

3 answers to this question

Having just worked with the boucle yarn for the first time, my only suggestion would be a simple sc along the edges. Maybe someone who's used the yarn more will be able to give you more inspired ideas lol. I fought with the stuff for two nights till I finally finished the set I made. I personally can't imagine doing any complicated stitches with it lol. I have a feeling if I ever use it again, I'll stick to sc or hdc for whatever I make. That's just me though ;)

I am leaning towards a scalloped edge. But I am new to this. so please tell me:

would I sc around first?

Is a scallop stitch like sc,hds,dc,tc then back down again? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I found the boucle easier to work with the more I used it...I have made 4 ponchos out of it already, and found it much easier than homespun,

thanks,

Andrea:w-flake

Archived