New Yarn Shop

Ilene

This is for the ladies that live out close to me in North Carolina, (pay attention Minwifeof4boys!) Last week in the middle of down town Hillsborough NC a new yarn shop opened up, appropiately named The Hillsborough Yarn shop!

I went in today to check it out and OMGosh did they have a lot of different types of yarn that I had never seen before in places like JoAnn's, AC Moore or even Micheals.

There where different wools, cotton, silk and even Alpaca. Now they cater more toward the knitting crowd but do have some stuff for the crocheter. I even signed up for a biginner knitting class. I also bought a scarf in a cup. What it is is a skien of yarn in a clear plastic cup complete with a set of knitting needles and instructions for a scarf. They also had one with a hat inside. Check it out!

100_0242.jpg

That's a cool idea with the yarn in a cup! I've seen people use the 2 liter bottles but I think I like this better. It looks like an Icee(frozen drink) cup. I think I might have to start keeping some of them. :lol My kids always want one when we go to Wal-Mart! Not sure why I didn't think of that before! :think

There was a knitting place that opened up here (Chardon, OH) not too long ago, I might have to check it out. I don't knit (tried a couple of times, but not sure I can get used to it, LOL), but I bet they have some cool yarn in there! :hook

• 1 month later...

I just got the Norther Orange Xtra paper in the mail for this week and on the front page there is a photo and blurb about the Hillsborough Yarn Shop that opned in downtown Hillsborough. She left a job as a biomedical engineer to pursue a love for yarn and knitting. Will have to check it out. :D

Archived