for the fun of it

MullersLaneFarm

A couple weeks ago at our monthly fiber meeting, I got out my felting needles & some fiber batts and let everyone try their hand at needle felting. I ended up making a sheep.

Later in the week, I spied a tiny bit of orange roving (not big enough to really do any spinning) and decided to make a couple pumpkins (inside was white batting & just covered with the orange), felted the two pumpkins together.

I thought the felted items were pretty cute so brought them to Farmer's Market and put a tag of $10 each on them. Thought no one in their right mind would spend $10 on such a small item. Much to my surprise, both were snapped up within an hour.

I was really kind of disappointed because I really on brought them to show off. Thankfully, I did get a picture of them.

I finished felting a Jacob ram on Saturday.

hey Cyndi :) Am I missing something, or is there no pic in your post? Your needle felts sound really cool, I haven't any idea what needle felting really is but I saw a photo here in the ville somewhere and it was so cool! Can't wait to see yours too

Archived