I saw it in a magazine oh, say...15-20 years ago!

imhooked

Question

Hi all. I just registered here at Crochetville - I can't believe I haven't come across this site before. I'm happy to be here. I think I'll just jump right in with my question. I saw the cutest Santa pouch crochet pattern in a crochet magazine years and years ago, probably 15, maybe 20. I can't remember. I saved the magazine, like I do all my magazines, but now I can't find it. The santa pouch was a little drawstring pouch, maybe about 4" wide x 6" tall. It had a santa face on the front. I specifically remember his nose was a popcorn stitch. The beard was fringed (kind of like you would hook a shaggy rug) and the ends of the drawstring had little pom-poms and when you tied the pouch closed, the pom-poms made the ball on the top of Santa's hat. Do any of you remember that?!?!? Do any of you know where I can find that pattern or something similar?!?!? Gosh, I would be so grateful for ANY help at all. Thanks so much!

9 answers to this question

imhooked - I THINK I FOUND IT!

Would you believe I was just leafing through my patterns and I think I found it??!?!

It's called "Santa Change Purse" and has exactly what you are talking about...

It's found in THIS magazine:

(the one on the right)

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOMENS-HOUSEHOLD-CROCHET-MAGAZINE-2-Issues-1983_W0QQitemZ220038130480QQihZ012QQcategoryZ280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's the "Women's Household Crochet" 1983 Christmas Special

YAY! :cheer

I don't know if I'm able to send you a pic of the final product? Maybe I'll have to make one to show you and then take a pic!

Krystal16!!! Unbelievable - the cover of the magazine does look familiar! Oh, I feel so confident that you've got what I'm looking for. I'm going to bid on this magazine just in case... I don't want to put you to any trouble to make one, but if you do, you won't be disappointed - it's soooooooo CUTE!

Archived