Rainbow batts superwashed merino 3.7 oz

pampsmom

Okay, I know I have losted my mind. But last spring I learned to spin and am now in a war with an unknown bidder on E-bay. I have been out bid on this lot of merino. Top bid is 9.49 and I do not know if this is good or bad! See how much I know about buying merino. So I want to know what I should do? Should I wait til the last minute and try to get it for 9.99 or shall I let it pass? How high would you go? :think shipping is cheap.

I went googling just see what was out there.

Here's a link for undeyed superwash wool 4oz for only $5. So you could dye your own:)

Here's a link for superwash wool here

I am new to spinning but maybe the thing to do is compare it to what weight yarn you plan on making and what that costs in a finished skein?

How much yarn do you think you will get from 3.7oz of roving/batt?

This is my opinion on eBay and how to avoid a bidding war.

If you want, place one bid. If you get outbid, ALWAYS WAIT until the last few mins and bid again. This not only helps you NOT to get into a bidding war with someone, but also helps when buying from unscrupulous sellers who log in with a different account and bid on their own items just to make the price higher.

Good luck!

That's a great buy for undyed wool, I might try that. I never thought about someone upping the price by changing users and bidding on their own auction. I have about 53 minutes left. I think I might try one more bid. The colors are just beautiful. There are about 6 different colors all varigated.

Archived