Need help with a repair

Hi

My son in law has a ripple afghan, double crochet, which in need of repair, some how it has come unraveled in the middle about 4 in in diameter and he asked me to fix it, but I have never had to fix anything like that, could someone tell me where I could get direction on this.

Thanks

Kim

I've done repairs and have done work for others, but I don't know if there is a method or a way of doing this other than just filling in the area with stitches that are missing. Can you get yarn to match it exactly?

Did you make the afghan? It would be easier to fix if so, but the best way to explain this is that you will have to unravel a row on the afghan until you get to a point where you can add in new thread and then fill in the spot. You may need to experiment with hooks to get the size and gauge right to match.

Do you have a picture you can snap of it? Joining it at the top to the rows already in place is going to be the trick. It's very hard to explain but more something you just fill in the spots. I've done this with old, like 100 year old, doilies and table runners and it's amazing how well it works, but I don't know that there are specific rules for it. The goal is to fill in the spot and stop it unraveling anymore than it is already.

Yes Donna I did make the afghan and I do have the exact yarn I sure hope I can figure this one out.

Thanks shebear for the web site I'm gonna study it and see if I can do it

You guys are great :cheer:clap:yay

Kim

Archived