Snowflakes and such

crochetdiva

Question

We are planning on making snowflake ornaments as favors for my dd wedding in November 2005. However, my mom is having trouble with the fine thread, and complicated patterns (she's a newby). Can anyone suggest some pretty yet simple patterns or pattern books for snowflakes.

Also, how thick of thread or yarn can be used and have the flakes still look good on a tree? Has anyone tried baby yarn?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea

:w-flake :ducky :w-flake

4 answers to this question

Guest 000blueberry000

Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts

has an easy snowflake pattern made with baby yarn-I used one with sparkle in it and it was beautiful. I think it calls for an I hook, too. It looked great on the tree and is much easier than thread crochet for me and I have a bad wrist. You could even give a couple to each person.

HTH,

Lori

I have done snowflakes (got them online but of course can't remember where) but I have used worsted weight yarn along with a strand of the metallic crochet cotton. Coats and Clark carried it and they had white with a silver strand, white with a gold strand. It looks pretty and gave it just a bit more body. I have also used worsted weight cotton yarn with the same crochet cotton and slightly stiffened just the back of it (but I hung them on my tree). Hope this helps.

LI Roe

Archived