Need to Test a Theory on Measurements

crochetkim

Question

I'm designing a man's vest. And, I'd really like a bit of research to make sure that I'm getting this right. I'm asking for your help! Do you have a man in your house? Even an older teenager will do. I'd like as many responses as possible.

I'd like to know the measurement from shoulder tip to shoulder tip (joint to joint) and the chest measurement.

This information will be used in the upcoming design to make sure that I'm getting these shoulders positioned where I want them and not falling down past the shoulder joints. My grading books are a bit vague on this, but I think I've got it right. Just need to make sure.

So, everyone ready with the tape measures? Please post away!

:ccompute

5 answers to this question

I'd like to know the measurement from shoulder tip to shoulder tip (joint to joint) and the chest measurement.

So, everyone ready with the tape measures? Please post away!

:ccompute

Ok, here are the measurements that I have for my hubby. Back (shoulder tip to shoulder tip) 19" 1/4

For the chest I have 19" 1/2. I hope this helps. :manyheart

I will get some measurements for you Kim when my son gets home from his band... he is just turned 13 but is deifnitely size of an adult male (let me know though if he is too young for your measurements)

He is: (6'1 200 lbs 13 1/2 men size shoe) and 36X32 in pants!

He should be home by 5ish central time!

As per the joint to joint, (yes i think i need a new anatomy class) would that be the center of one shoulder to the center of the other shoulder, or the outer shoulder to other outer shoulder etc?

Archived