Looking for shawl or cape pattern for little girl

deneen

Question

I have been searching for a pattern for a cape or shawl for size 6 for my daughter. I want to make it for Easter. I was wondering if I could do a regular shawl pattern and just make it smaller? Anyone done this??

Thanks

5 answers to this question

yeah Deneen, I think making the beginning chain shorter and then follow the pattern should work for a cape.

Have you thought about making one on Chelle's poncho's?

The Lacy Shell poncho would make a beautiful Easter wrap.

HMMM...wonder if we could change the poncho to a cape? Not join the chain and work in rows?

Barbara

Barb-

I have made Chelle's Lacy Poncho and other's for my daughter, but she doesn't like to wear poncho's, which is why I was looking to make a wrap or a cape. I have searched everywhere online and found nothing!

I guess I will make Chelle's Lacy Poncho is white for Easter, although I may try a shawl/wrap???

I wish I could figure out (I am not good at that) how to make a cape from a poncho pattern.

Hi, I just made a cape for a 5 year old. I used the pattern from Lion Brand. It is called Child's Poncho. I didn't connect the beginning chain. I then worked it back and forth. I used ww and trimmed it in fun fur. It turned out very nice. Carol

Archived