Kansas

Msbarjam

• 1 month later...

Hey gang - I live in Overland Park, KS. I'd love to have a chance to get together with other crochet folks. My problem is that as a single mom, I have my kids to bring along. So a place to get together has to be kid friendly. Of course, if it's for a crochet group - I think they'd love to join in!

So - let's get something plannned!

That's great - do you know of a kid-friendly place we could use for some of us to get togheter? I live over off of I-35 and 87th.

I'm not far from 119th and I-35. Wonder what a good place would be? There's a coffee shop at Santa Fe and Metcalf that has a kid's play area with videos and stuff, and they have comfy couches/chairs for the grownups. Hmm... have to think on that a bit more. I'm open to suggestion. ;)

Hey! Your sig mentions Girl Scouts -- is your troop going to be at Thinking Day on Saturday?

I think I know which coffee shop you are talking about - in downtown Overland Park. I haven't been there - I'll swing by one evening and check it out.

Anyone else in the Olathe/Overland Park area have a suggestion?

Our service unit had Thinking Day on Jan 21st! Our troop represented Kenya.

I think I know which coffee shop you are talking about - in downtown Overland Park. I haven't been there - I'll swing by one evening and check it out.

Actually, that wasn't the one I was thinking about at all -- I'd completely forgotten it was there. Mildred's? Mimi's? Something like that. ...Come to think of it, I think there is a yarn store within a block or so of that one, can't beat that! ;)

My service unit is doing our on Saturday; my girls will be representing Japan.

I've started a new thread for this one - http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=291165#post291165Post there which coffee shop you were thinking of. I know - I thought it convenient that the Yarn Shop was so close to it. Maybe that's why I jumpt to that conclusion.

Archived