A few more doilies

MimiFL

Boy, you sure are fast Mimi. Beautiful doilies though. I think people do find them addicting. I taught myself how to crochet by doing doilies and #30 thread. I still do doilies, but trying to finish off my #20 & #30 threads. Will do #10 or larger from now on. Eyes not what they used to be, ya know.:eek Your work is always beautiful.:hook

On the second doily, you say :

a crochet-a-long doily pattern by Cylinda Mathews - about 12.5" in diameter

-can you give more info on where to find the pattern?

-Cozy

Hi Mimi,

Your doilies are all stunning!

I've tried the second one, but couldn't get past round 3:

http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/misc16.html

It just didn't make any sense to me. Any suggestions?

Row 3 is a bit complex. You're doing cross stitches, so you'll skip a space and make a dc in the next space, then come back and do a dc in the space you skipped, but going behind the dc you just did to reach that space. It's a bit hard at first but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier.

To be honest, I'm not convinced it makes much difference whether you do the cross stitches from behind or not. Actually, I don't think it even makes much difference whether you do cross stitches or regular dc. It's not very obvious when the doily's finished.

Row 3 is a bit complex. You're doing cross stitches, so you'll skip a space and make a dc in the next space, then come back and do a dc in the space you skipped, but going behind the dc you just did to reach that space. It's a bit hard at first but once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier.

To be honest, I'm not convinced it makes much difference whether you do the cross stitches from behind or not. Actually, I don't think it even makes much difference whether you do cross stitches or regular dc. It's not very obvious when the doily's finished.

Oh thanks so much!:clap I'll give that a try when I start it again. I was so aggravated with it, that I frogged it:blush

Archived