Freeform Mittens

Hellbo

Mittens.jpg

I made these mittens last winter.

The cuffs are not freeform' they are a crochet rib & the rest is just made up as I went along using different types of yarn & stitches.

I know that some people don't like / understand / appreciate freeform crochet butI think if you just give it a go with a finished garment in mind then you might be as surprised as I was when these babies turned out.

Plus - nobody is going to have the same mittens as you as they will be unique.

:yes Get creative

Thanks Nicole

These are really the only freeform piece I have made, so I haven't really been doing a lot of it. I have a bunch of other smaller pieces made up that I haven't touched for a long time that may also become mittens (they are really easy)

Have a go, you will be amazed how simple it is - I can't do all the fancy stitches like bullions etc but the mittens came out ok.

Glad you like them

These are stunning. Truly amazing works of art. I was never inspired by freeform crochet before. Your mittens have inspired me. Thank you so much for sharing :)

Your mittens are wonderful! I have tried freeform a time or two but just can't seem to get the pieces to fit together and look nice. You've done an excellent job!:clap

Archived