Best place to purchase...

I am interesting in purchasing a set of Brittany Birch crochet hooks and was wondering what everyone thought was the best place online to purchase them? Since I live in Germany, I have to order via mail order or online. Thanks!!!

Donna :hug2

Oh My Jelly Beans! I would LOVE to purchase them!!! The set on ebay was going for $177.00!! That was more than if I had to purchase them in a store in the US.

Anyway, please email me the sizes you have and of course how much you are asking for them! :clap

You just made my day :) Thanks!!

Donna

buggaboosmommy@yahoo.com

I haven't heard of "Turn of the Century Hooks". Do you have a link to purchase them? I would love all different kinds of hooks. Right now I have the Susan Bates hooks, and a few from a local german shop.

I'm really excited about the Brittany Birch hooks though. The more, the merrier!!

Donna :woohoo

Bill's hooks are absolutely fabulous... I've heard people say they like them more than Brittanys, too. I just got 2 more in the mail yesterday and I'm in love all over again! :heart Here's the link

Click me

And as Rachel (yarnyviolet) has said, he ships quickly overseas, and my personal experience is that he's wonderful to do business with! :yes

Please tell me what makes these hooks so great, I only own the regular cheap metal ones, is there really a huge difference, $14.00 a hook , wow, that is a lot. Sure would appreciate everyones remarks on this. This is a great site for learning many things about crocheting. I love it. :cheer2

As for the quality of your work, I've found no difference. I think a hook is a hook, size/stitch-wise. Bill keeps his measurments almost exact to Boye sizes, and except for the length of the hook itself, the performance is the same.

I guess the appeal is working with something pretty to look at... we all have those metal hooks and they're ugly, cold, etc. These aren't! lol, that's a poor explanation, but it's like comparing a BIC pen to a fine writing utensil (sorry i'm lacking a name for comparison). Sure, they'll both do the same job, but one is so much more pleasurable to use!!

And, Bill's hooks are handmade @ $12 a pop and are a lot better deal than many you will find on ebay This one is similar and look at the price!!

Archived