What is available at Michaels store

swapnae

I have a friend who's going to visit India next month and she offered to bring me something. She said she lives next to a Michaels store, so I went to the website and browsed for products.

I don't want her to bring me back yarn, but I would love notions. However I found very few notions of the kind I am interested in. So I have a question:

Do the actual Michaels stores have products other than the ones they show on their website? Or is what is shown on the site the only available stuff?:think

They have tons of stuff.

Ribbons of all sorts. Beads and most everything you need for them. Purse making things. Tons of booklets/books. A few magazines. Cake/candy making supplies. Scrapbooking supplies. Art supplies. Arts and crafts for kids. Foam of all kinds and shapes. Wood and wood stuff. Paints of all kinds. Silk and dried flowers. Embroidery supplies.

Crochet and knit gadgets. Most anything you can think of; hooks/needles, scissors, counters, darning needles, cases, etc.

You can go to JoAnn's http://www.joann.com/

Look around and most likely Michael's has it or something similar. :)

While Michael's is comparable or better than JoAnn on knit/crochet items and materials (though not all Michaels' are created equal! :U), they don't have any notions like sewing notions (or at least very, very, very limited).

Row counters? You're good. Snaps? Sorry. Cutting pendants? Take your pick. Elastic? Mayyybe.... if you're willing to go with like beading elastic, or something like that.

Michaels also doesn't have a very good selection (IMO) of smaller knitting needles, specialty hooks (like a range of flex crochet hooks or afghan hooks or small steel hooks (except maybe in a pack)).

Is there anything specific you are seeking?

I'm looking for any of:

1. Yarn winder

2. Interchangeables (they seem to have Boye Needlemaster but the reviews of that aren't good)

3. Yarn guide (for my finger)

I've seen that they have row counters available, so I'm going to ask for one of those. But I'd love to know if they have any of the above.

I'm looking for any of:

1. Yarn winder

2. Interchangeables (they seem to have Boye Needlemaster but the reviews of that aren't good)

3. Yarn guide (for my finger)

I've seen that they have row counters available, so I'm going to ask for one of those. But I'd love to know if they have any of the above.

I have never seen a Yarn Winder there. JoAnn's has them but only online. Specialty yarn stores usually carry them.

They only carry the Boye Needlemasters. Denise needles are only sold in specialty yarn stores or online. I have seen multi-packs of straight needles and crochet hooks at Michael's -- Boye, Bates, and Crystalites. They usually carry the Clover but not in multiple packages.

Yarn guides I have seen at Walmart -- if you are referring to the little thimble that has the guides for placing yarns in when you are doing multiple colors in Continental knitting style. If her town has a Michael's it surely has a Walmart.

Maybe some hooks? Michael's carries: Boye (aluminum and steel), Bates (Silvalume aluminum, steels, and Luxites), and the cheaper plastic hooks: Crystallites and Lion Brand, that I remember. Don't know if all the Michaels carry the same products. You might be able to get Clover hooks as well.

Archived